In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banco de pruebas masculine
- It has its engines mounted above the wings, but for the moment it is intended primarily as a test bed for the jet engines and will not be offered for sale.
- To aid in development, a smaller flying wing test bed was also proposed.
- The test bed for this novel engine is the Slocum glider, a craft that looks like a 2-m-long torpedo with slim wings.
- Le Mans has always been a test bed where new technologies can be tried before being introduced for mass-produced cars.
- Oberg is right that a Moon base would serve as a useful test bed for trying out technologies necessary for a Mars trip.
- Plants with nitrogen-fixing bacteria in their roots make a good test bed for probing the give-and-take of biological partnerships.
- Developed specifically for scramjet testing in 1987, it has proven to be a versatile test bed for a wide range of suborbital aerodynamic projects.
- The aircraft, which carried the name Avion Experimental No.1, would be a flying test bed that would prove Northrop's vision of the future direction of aviation.
- The first engine is now flying on the flight test bed and it delivers excellent performance.
- Subject to successful validation on the test bed at Viry and in track testing, we will introduce changes that improve base engine performance and that adapt the engine to the circuits on which we race at the end of the season.
- A car engine that shows promise on the test bed is all well and good, but maximum theoretical speed doesn't help much when you need to overtake quickly and safely.
- Pilots, navigators and engineers will fly a plane that provides a test bed for class and staff research projects, Buter said.
- Since the glitch did not emerge in subsequent tests in the rover test bed at JPL, the engineers concluded then it may have been a one-time incident.
- In 1940, the prototype was sold to Pratt & Whitney for operation as an engine test bed.
- Since the plane was a test bed, the engine configuration was changed to a tractor position and Bellande found the performance equally as good as the pusher configuration.
- The next step is to construct a test bed using existing machines and as many intelligent bits of hardware as the group can afford, which is scheduled to be in place by the end of 2005.
- Winter testing obviously took place in much cooler weather, but, on the test bed, we can simulate the conditions we will encounter in terms of cooling engine, gearbox, hydraulics and brakes.
- After focusing on bettering its sensitivity, the team switched its emphasis to more technical issues, using the instrument as a test bed for new technologies.
- This marks the first time a rover-based automated technology has been used to identify life in this harsh region, which serves as a test bed for technology that could be deployed in future Mars missions.
- Since the prototype was well on its way to completion, the Army decided to finish the aircraft and use it as a flying test bed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.