In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caso que sienta jurisprudencia
- I think it's an interesting test case for how this law will be applied.
- The appellant's action was a test case on which eleven other cases raising the same issues depended.
- In the course of his submissions the Solicitor-General referred to this appeal as a test case.
- Barristers have drawn up a legal opinion setting out a test case for a high court judicial review of the government's position.
- Legal arguments are being prepared for what could become a test case in front of magistrates this month.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.