In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1School Universityexamen masculineprueba feminine
- All staff members are provided with sample test papers prior to the course to help with exam preparation.
- Among the many students flocking to the college entrance examination this year, four special candidates will be using their hands to read the test paper.
- Once she was out in the hallway, she finally looked at the grade written atop her test paper.
- Twenty minutes passed and he was only on the third test paper.
- Her loosely curled red hair hung down from her head, lightly brushing her test paper as she scribbled an answer down on the answer sheet.
- The entire class stopped writing, put their pencils down, and handed their test papers to the front of the class.
- The teacher handed out the tests, faced down and waited until every student had a test paper.
- Such a review should involve input from departmental colleagues who visit the professor's classes and analyze syllabi, examinations, and test papers to assess teaching performance.
- The test papers are set and corrected by board examiners.
- As he placed his test paper with the others, he noticed the glance of a girl sitting three seats to his left.
- Mr. Duquel passed around test papers, and Rolin dug around in the pockets of her coat for a writing implement.
- Next came six weeks of subject tutoring by a recent Oxford graduate with experience of the type of questions that might come up in the interview or on the test paper the university uses.
- She said she could not wait for the November examination because the test paper would be based on a new syllabus.
- I started searching for my green mechanical pencil; but that's very hard when you backpack is full of crumpled test papers you don't want your parents to see.
- He said that while there would be no problem in drafting test papers for the two exams, there was the question of how the students would prepare for them.
- When the nine minutes were up, and the test papers were gathered, Mr. Jenkins announced that they had a new pupil.
- Taking hold of her test paper, she sent a final prayer up before searching for her mark on the front cover.
- A huge, fat F was scrawled at the top of his test paper in thick, red, permanent marker.
- The test papers will be evaluated and the feedback given to students.
- Finally I was getting Bs and Cs instead of getting Fs on many of my test papers.
2Chemistrypapel reactivo masculine
- Mortality with 4 per cent DDT impregnated test papers was 17.5 per cent.
- In the presence of acid phosphatase, the test paper develops violet stains on the white test paper.
- When using the test paper, first add a few drops of hydrochloric acid to the solution to be tested.
- Place the moist test material on the test paper, which after a few seconds will show a clear, violet coloration in the presence of acid phosphase.
- In acid solution, oxidizing agents react with the iodide in the test paper to liberate iodine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.