In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By contrast, reduced activation in the mesencephalic brainstem and the thalamus was noted to be exclusively associated with mental relaxation.
- Peripheral injury results in anatomic and physiologic changes within the dorsal horn, sensory thalamus and cerebral cortex.
- The sleep cycle is controlled by a complex system of neurones (messenger cells) in the brain stem, thalamus, hypothalamus, and basal forebrain.
- However, after controlling for this overall increase in metabolism in the methamphetamine abusers, the investigators showed that metabolism was significantly reduced in two brain regions - the thalamus and striatum.
- They note that there is evidence to suggest that a circuit involving the thalamus and frontal lobes functions abnormally in autism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.