In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(look/smile) de agradecimiento(smile/look) agradecidoyou should be thankful you're fit and well — deberías dar gracias a Dios por tu salud
- let's be thankful we got there in time — menos mal / gracias a Dios que llegamos a tiempo
- to be thankful to sb (for sth) — estarle agradecido a algn (por algo)
- I shall always be thankful to her for her advice — le estaré siempre agradecida / le quedaré eternamente agradecida por los consejos que me dio
- "It's well appreciated," Pettus said in a thankful speech at the dedication.
- First, recognize when a thankful response is appropriate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.