1(expression of gratitude)agradecimiento masculineallow me to express my heartfelt thanks — permítame expresarle mi más sincero agradecimiento formal
- a letter/speech of thanks — una carta/unas palabras de agradecimiento
- [ S ]received with thanks — pagado
- is that all the thanks I get? — ¿es así cómo se me lo agradece?
- I did all I could to help him and small / (ironic) much thanks I got for it — hice todo lo que pude por ayudarlo y fíjate cómo me lo agradeció
- you won't get any thanks — no te lo van a agradecer
- to give thanks to God/for sth — dar gracias a Dios/por algo
- The collection, as usual, received a great response and thanks is extended to all who subscribed.
- Tom Ryan was given a bottle of wine as a thanks for his active involvement in the twinning project.
- Grateful thanks have been extended to the people of the region for their generous contributions.
- All were there to give thanks for their survival and to pay tribute to those who never returned from the beaches.
- He smiled back at her and acknowledged her thanks with a nod of his head.
- We can give thanks and words of appreciation to others for their kind deeds done to us.
- Hundreds turned out to pay tribute to a beloved former headteacher at a memorial service to give thanks for her life.
- Gerry has received a letter of thanks from the charity for his part in helping to raise this much needed cash.
- Citizens packed the quay and bells rang as she landed and went straight to the nearest church to give thanks for her safe arrival.
- She has never once acknowledged my thanks, or existence for that matter.
- His son sent a special letter of thanks which was read out at the ceremony.
- This was a very generous response from the community and thanks are extended to all who contributed.
- We have nothing but admiration for the staff at Lease Hill and wish to extend our gratitude and thanks.
- Mr Hill insists he has received no recent complaints and has even been sent a letter of thanks from the forum.
- Please pass to Anna my thanks and gratitude for being such a good friend.
- There have been regular letters of thanks from charities and people who have been helped by unknown members of the public.
- My grateful thanks go to the funders who made it possible for me to travel.
- It is a joyful celebration in which Bolivians give thanks for their freedom as a nation.
- It would be easy to dwell on the animals that Tasmania has lost, but I prefer to give thanks for what remains.
- There were no thanks in the letter from him, just complaints and accusations.
- It came back on about half an hour earlier than predicted, so I suppose I can give thanks for that.
- To them and to those who have supported the office I extend my grateful thanks.
2thanks! — ¡gracias!
- thanks very much / a lot! — ¡muchas gracias!
- you can cook supper tonight — oh, thanks a lot / a bundle! — tú haces la cena esta noche — ¡hombre, muchas gracias! / ¡mira qué bien!
- thanks for nothing! — ¡muchas gracias!
- many thanks (for sth/-ing) — muchas gracias (por algo/+ inf)
3thanks to — gracias a
- thanks to you we got there on time — gracias a ti llegamos puntuales
- it's thanks to you that we're in this mess — estamos metidos en este lío gracias a ti