In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1robo masculinehe was charged with theft — lo acusaron de robo
- there have been several cases of theft lately — últimamente ha habido varios robos
- theft is on the increase — el número de robos está aumentando
- petty theft — hurto
- Thus far there have been no charges in relation to the break-ins or thefts this year.
- Staff said they believed that some of the thefts from the museum were an inside job.
- Police are again urging householders to secure their property after a theft from a house in Hill Lane.
- They included four commercial burglaries, two car thefts and two other thefts.
- Along with stamping out burglaries and thefts, a heavy emphasis is put on personal safety.
- Police in Laindon are urging the public to be vigilant after a string of thefts from people using a cash machine in the town.
- Police are appealing for information following the theft of a large sum of money from a property in Firth.
- Police are calling for motorists to be extra vigilant following a spate of car thefts and break-ins.
- The crimes are the latest in a series of thefts to have taken place around the area.
- In the last part of your article you liken the act of music piracy to the theft of physical property.
- The security laws ban treason, sedition, subversion and the theft of state secrets.
- But despite the recent spate of thefts, there has been some good news on crime levels.
- The drastic move follows a series of thefts and muggings at the church.
- This is necessary where two or more persons participate in the original theft.
- These offenders have recently been found guilty of a number of burglaries and car thefts.
- Scene of crime officers were alerted to the string of thefts when the crimes came to light on Monday.
- Residents have called police to report drug activity, prostitution, thefts and assaults.
- Police say most of the crimes have involved thefts of push bikes or from cars.
- Other crimes such as burglaries and thefts from cars had decreased, he added.
- There were three thefts, three acts of criminal damage and an attempted burglary last month alone.
- Most mobiles stolen here disappear as a result of thefts from bags or car seats rather than muggings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.