In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is little room for theism in this world view.
- As long as Ted has had any beliefs of any kind, we may suppose, he has believed that God exists; theism is not a belief he came to.
- However, his arguments for theism are significantly weakened because many are based on the assumption of the big bang and related concepts.
- I have been contrasting two versions of theism and two views of creation.
- Who is Dawkins, asks McGrath, to belittle theism when such giants of evolutionary theory did not?
- It's an argument for theism but not specifically for Christianity.
- Crews is correct in pointing out that a materialist view of the world is logically incompatible with each and every brand of theism.
- Put more succinctly, theism is god-belief, and atheism is its absence.
- Physicist Matt Young considers whether you can apply skeptical empiricism to religious belief and offers his own alternative to theism.
- Should Christians rejoice in the number of converts to Christianity or theism in Australian society on the grounds that the cause of God is promoted?
- Along the way, Polkinghorne argues that going beyond the basics of theism can make belief more credible to nonbelievers.
- Finally, it is interesting to note that theism is not universally condemned in Buddhism.
- Voltaire's attitude towards traditional theism is interesting to note.
- He demonstrates the coherence and congruence of theism with the most recent advances in physics.
- Certainly such a deity would not be the infinite creator God of orthodox theism.
- Those looking to discredit religion and theism generally had only to focus on what is most obvious, consistent and rationally cogent in his work.
- Finally, he defended theism and Christianity against common objections, such as the problem of evil.
- Finally, Shelley observes that widespread theism constitutes no evidence for the existence of God.
- That being impossible here, let us return to the topic of theism and the relation of evil to divine purpose.
- In my view, indeed, the discrediting not only of the more superstitious types of theism but of any form of religious belief was one of the principal aims of Hume's philosophy.
- Ralston argues not only that theism has a positive biological function for human culture and survival, but also that there is good reason to regard it as true.
- Here liberal theism and varieties of natural theology seemed particularly dangerous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.