1(reflexive)they behaved themselves — se portaron bien
- they bought themselves a new car — se compraron otro coche
- they only think of themselves — solo piensan en sí mismos
2(emphatic)ellos mismosellas mismasthey're not affected by the problem themselves — a ellos (mismos) no les afecta el problema
- What annoys me most about the whole subject is the attitude of a lot of smokers themselves.
- Computers are made out of materials which are themselves subject to the laws of Nature.
- They are thus able to remain objects of desire without themselves being subject to it.
- This does not, as mentioned, mean that ethics and the rest are themselves nonsense.
- They have got to see what the good teams are doing and try to reach that level themselves.
3(normal selves)the children aren't themselves — los niños no son los de siempre
- I wish they'd just be themselves — quisiera que se comportaran con naturalidad
4(indefinite person or persons)if anyone's interested, they can find out for themselves — si a alguien le interesa, puede averiguarlo por sí mismo