In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In theoretical science, we have no reason to suppose that we are ever talking about anything.
- To do this it is helpful to detail briefly the theoretical framework within which these questions were grounded.
- Another area of mathematics that is full of rough estimates is theoretical computer science.
- Will there be no work left for theoretical physicists to do in the twenty-first century?
- Studies up to that point were entirely theoretical and lacked any real practical application.
- Zhukovskii was concerned both with theoretical and with experimental aspects of the subject.
- However he was also very active in applications of mathematics to theoretical physics.
- The two-hour sessions are split in half; the first theoretical, the second practical.
- This point is most clear in the area of theoretical science, though it has much broader application.
- Then he could acquire the practical skills to go with his theoretical knowledge.
- In addition to the theoretical course, he had four years' experience working with horses.
- I guess I'm interested in this question more from a theoretical than practical standpoint.
- The PR guy said she was tipped as one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists of her generation.
- HNDs are much more vocational than degrees and can often be more practical rather than theoretical.
- These majors were too theoretical and impractical, so that it would have been hard to find a job.
- Excuse me for for butting in… But does it matter if a theoretical framework is unfalsifiable?
- Oskar Klein died in Stockholm, one of the finest theoretical physicists of the twentieth century.
- The preceding chapters have been concerned with the theoretical sciences.
- His careful study of military affairs had been as much theoretical as practical.
- The concerns of the literati were practical was well as theoretical.
- There is a strong theoretical and practical case for free trade and the economic benefits it brings.
- It takes real guts to stop being just a critic of the system and come up with solutions, both practical and theoretical.
- It also considers the theoretical and practical powers and constraints on a Prime Minister.
- His basic research laid the foundation for many later theoretical and practical developments.
- The session included experience-based, theoretical, and practical aspects.
- This is not to suggest that research is entirely dictated by theoretical concerns.
- Wilson's essay is desperately keen to convey her theoretical vision of the world.
- Freud constantly revised his theories in view of theoretical concerns and new data.
- For Marx the unity of theory and practice meant the resolution of theoretical problems by practical activity.
- These books will be exemplars of empirical study and theoretical understanding.
- How wonderful it would be if all theoretical conclusion equated with the practical reality.
- It is clear that Laurent was a good engineer, putting his deep theoretical knowledge to good practical use.
- This is, of course, a theoretical calculation, but one which graphically illustrates the point.
- Yet this trend raises a number of important issues, both theoretical and practical.
- Now the lost work is regarded as a masterpiece with a theoretical value of £300,000.
- Experimental tests with aquatic species have backed up the theoretical predictions.
- And he also identified a desire to work on real rather than theoretical problems.
- Moreover the concern is an intensely practical one, rather than theoretical.
- Galen believed that medicine required both practical and theoretical elements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.