In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1teórico masculineteórica feminine
- This has caused many theoreticians to adopt a philosophical approach that mirrors the ideas of Plato.
- Wilf Kozub runs a songwriting class, and hard-working sound engineer Colin Lay is also on the faculty, so you know you're learning from battle-hardened veterans rather than theoreticians.
- A senior leader of the Communist Party of China has asked Chinese theoreticians to be more innovative and to study ways to adapt the Party's theories and work to the times.
- The concept is one favoured by Marxists and communist theoreticians.
- To develop algorithms for this purpose, theoreticians need massive data to test their models, and many investigators are convinced that more structures will not help them to solve this problem.
- It was Hamilton himself who remarked that Dawkins could accomplish as much in a verbal argument as many a theoretician could with mathematics.
- And it may well be that a Court that contains a mix of theoreticians and pragmatists will do better than one that's filled entirely with theoretically or ideologically minded judges.
- This House sits here and deliberates on a bill like this from the perspective of academics, theoreticians, and philosophers.
- The other two great liberal theoreticians, Friedrich Hayek and Karl Popper spotted something remarkable in the young swotty New Yorker and encouraged him to argue beyond the closed world of academic text books.
- He himself claims to have been, at one time, the leading theoretician of the UK Communist Party.
- Yes, parents are probably better people to go to for advice on parenting than childless theoreticians.
- This was a production right out of an academic theoretician's handbook (and having once been an academic theoretician, I know what I'm talking about).
- As a scientist, and as the leading theoretical biologist of our time, he had a healthy scepticism of theoreticians.
- Communist theoreticians debated on the right of self-determination.
- As a theoretician, I want to join a conversation among fellow chemists, in an effort to shape current thinking.
- Marxism gets a pass from the theoreticians, even though it's a theory that could be understood for what it really is by any moderately bright child.
- The participants are predominantly young emerging professionals in the fields of theatre, dance and visual performance, researchers, theoreticians and art managers.
- He was a theoretician who hated theory because he loved people.
- By devising a new system of theoretical concepts the theoretician makes an explanation available and thus enhances the coherence of the system.
- Researchers and theoreticians have developed more sophisticated ways of thinking about fathers.
- It is as if theoreticians have told novelists that they have no choice but to fail, and novelists, despite their long history of success, have believed them.
- Much more intellectual work remains to be done here, over and above what party theoreticians can point to today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.