In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Reynolds theorized that all birds follow a few specific rules, such as trying to fly as close together as possible without colliding and trying to maintain the same speed and direction.
- Some theorized that differences in development in the womb was a factor.
- The scientists had long theorized that dolphins possess the intelligence of an average human teenager and their suspicions were confirmed in this study.
- He theorizes that human babies weren't meant to be born at forty weeks, but much later.
- It was also theorised that the remains of the seaport must have been washed away in floods during the 14th century.
- As other women began to disappear around Washington and Oregon, Keppel theorized one man was responsible.
- The philosopher Heidegger theorized that the primary way that we experience the world isn't through our vision, or our hearing, or any other sense perception.
- Political scientists have theorized that a better-educated citizenry would be a more involved one.
- Marx theorized that in the very act of selling one's labor, one is estranging oneself from oneself, as work ‘for another’ is not a natural or desired activity.
- Albert Einstein theorized that the speed of gravity was around the speed of light, but no one proved it until now.
- Scientists theorize that methane rains from Titan's sky, creating surface methane or ethane lakes, which may give rise to clouds, similar to the water cycle on Earth.
- Einstein theorized that electrons are ejected by photons.
- Since the days of Rutherford, physicists and chemists have theorized that atoms of matter contain even smaller particles than electrons, protons, and neutrons.
- Before now, scientists merely theorized that dichlorine monoxide in the stratosphere played a key role in destroying ozone.
- A bunch of scientists are now theorizing that SARS might have arrived on Earth from another planet.
- A few have theorized that Mallove, a scientist, was killed because he was a tireless champion of cold fusion, a controversial cheap and clean alternative energy source.
- I would rather hear someone's account of their experience rather than a load of theorising any day of the week.
- He theorized the locals were too scared to stop the insurgents or to turn them in to the Americans.
- I read an article by an Arab intellectual where he theorized that one of the Middle East's problems was that the governments controlled the main revenue source.
- Scientists have long theorized that retroviruses, which were used in the suspended experiments, could trigger cancer.
- Walker theorizes that society's traditional sex roles may further contribute to a victim's belief that she cannot leave the violent relationship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.