In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They return to the occupational therapist to figure out new ways of coping with problems or to master a new skill.
- Physical therapists are attempting to get her to stand with help and are working to keep her arm muscles from becoming contracted.
- This is in addition to the full-time occupational therapist at the Commons who refers patients to St Thomas's Hospital if necessary.
- When I was little I too dreamed I would grow up to be a princess, but my Dad sent me to a load of therapists.
- In 1965 he started a psychiatric community project at Kingsley Hall in London, where patients and therapists lived together.
- This seemed to throw the therapists a bit of a curve; the more despondent the client got, the less the therapists asked her questions about what that was like.
- Amy's therapist viewed Amy's rejection of medication as a unique act of self-assurance and maturity.
- I continued to see the chiropractor and massage therapist and increased the number of times I was swimming.
- He also runs twice a week and is a qualified sports injury therapist, massage therapist, personal trainer and 3rd dan Black belt.
- She only started eating again when her therapist threatened to admit her to hospital and have her force-fed.
- The therapist also coaches spouses to logically analyze their cognitions.
- He arrived, he acted like an ex-husband, but for all we knew he could have been her therapist.
- The therapist addressed these distortions and worked with her to develop a more holistic view of the relationship and each partner.
- Premier coaches - like good therapists or sponsors in 12-step programs - hold people accountable for sticking with new behavior.
- I think speaking with a trusted friend (or therapist) about your grief could also help.
- Some therapists think hypnosis opens a window to the unconscious mind where memories of past lives are stored.
- A national survey was used to collect data on institutional policies and on individual practices related to airway management among nurses and respiratory therapists.
- Until a few months ago 31-year-old Denise Cannon was a beauty therapist who confesses that her knowledge of the technicalities of the average automobile was little more than rudimentary.
- It is valued by cosmetic surgeons, physical therapists, and chiropractors alike.
- The authors conclude their paper with a discussion of research and theory in clinical psychology on the therapist and the therapist-client relationship that may be applicable to organizational psychology.
- I know that there is a shortage of nurses and speech therapists but because of the rules we are unable to help out.
- The therapist encouraged her to feel free either to move closer to him physically and emotionally during this process or to move away.
- First, therapists ' empathic responses are often critical in fostering an open exploration of what can be a very personal area.
- This approach is similar to the alternative approaches recommended to family therapists working with youth in a recent episode of Family Therapy Networker.
- With each success, the therapist helps the patient move up to other obsessions that cause greater anxiety.
- He is well - spoken, as people used to say, and married to a speech therapist called Susie.
- Start with recommendations from your doctor or an occupational therapist.
- Many of the omitted suggestions are those that would be routinely suggested by family therapists.
- Mary Kershaw says her profoundly deaf grandson has not even been seen by a speech therapist.
- I told him that I did not learn to talk until I was 4 1/2 years old, after going to a speech therapist for a short time.
- This stars Liam Neeson, and this is about the sex therapist who had written books and was hailed as a hero and then sort of turned into a scapegoat.
- Therapists may benefit from working with, rather than against, ego inflation.
- This figure only considers small business people from restaurant owners and ferry operators to massage therapists; it does not take into account the loss to airlines and hotels.
- The wife sued the patient's therapist alleging a failure of duty to protect.
- Doctors said that she should be re-assessed by the speech and language therapist, although, as we were approaching a weekend, the nurses could assess her.
- You may need a physical therapist to help with these exercises.
- Consult your physical therapist for good lifts that won't hurt your neck.
- There are few clinical therapists specialising in self-injury, so referral is often to therapists who deal with abuse or whose expertise is in eating disorders.
- In Iowa, for example, these cases must be brought within five years of the date the victim was last treated by the therapist.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.