In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1choque térmico masculine
- Reflective roofs maintain a more constant temperature, so thermal shock and associated problems are significantly reduced.
- Glassware is fragile, no matter how well made; glassmaking techniques such as tempering make glassware more durable, but glass can still break from mechanical or thermal shock.
- In the heat treatment of any white cast iron, care must be taken to avoid cracking by thermal shock; never place the castings in a hot furnace or otherwise subject them to rapid heating or cooling.
- When fully cured, the polymer offers resistance to vibration, impact, thermal shock, and chemicals.
- While additional insulation may decrease the rate of heat transfer into or out of the building through the roof, it can also stress the roof membrane by increasing thermal shock.
- When temperatures in the U.S. Corn Belt are 100 degrees or higher, corn plants suffer from thermal shock and dehydration, and each such day shrinks the harvest.
- Preheating is used to minimize distortion, to avoid thermal shock, and to prevent surfacing cracking.
- Thermal conductivity, resistance to thermal shock and attack by molten metal is high and no heat treatment is required.
- So if, for example, coolant was being used, and, for whatever reason (Murphy's Law) the coolant flow came to an end, there would be thermal shock.
- Glasses made with sodium borate have a high resistance to thermal shock and are used in kitchenware (such as Pyrex dishes) and laboratory equipment.
- Cold items or liquids should not be put on it when it is hot, though newer coatings are thinner and less likely to crack from thermal shock.
- It offers superior durability and resistance to vibration, impact, thermal shock, and exposure to water, oils, and many organic solvents.
- The lasers are tested by thermal shock before shipment.
- The whole thing should have shattered from the thermal shock, or at least the ice should have exploded from its surface.
- Cracks resulting from thermal shock generally form around abrasions caused by mechanical impact.
- Recently developed water-soluble polymer quenches can provide the convenience of water quenching, along with lower cooling rates, which can minimize thermal shock.
- Our samples did not display attributes associated with thermal shock, supporting the conclusion that their exterior and interior temperatures did not differ significantly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.