- Therefore, the present work attempts to extend the existing research on the solid-state thermochemistry of burning wood to include polymers.
- All of the laws of thermochemistry follow from the fact that the enthalpy H of a substance is one of its properties.
- Links are given to rules of thermochemistry and explanations of endothermic and exothermic reactions.
- The lecture begins with an introduction to thermochemistry, the study of heat flow to or from a chemical reaction.
- This line of research was later developed by the Swiss-Russian chemist Henri Hess in the 1830s. Hess's development and extension of the work of Lavoisier and Laplace has earned him the title of father of thermochemistry.
- This facilitated the steady advances being made in the field of thermodynamics and in thermochemistry, which is the application of thermodynamics to chemical processes.
- The basic laws of thermochemistry can be expressed in terms of the change in enthalpy.