- I have watched the chaps on our local bowling green, and lunch is invariably ham sandwiches on white bread, neatly wrapped in greaseproof paper, and a Thermos of tea, with very few variations permitted on this theme.
- Middle-aged men threw their Thermos flasks in the air; young women jigged; the many children at Old Trafford dreamed, ‘That could be me.’
- If the entry fee is low enough, there need not be anything much to see as long as there is somewhere to sit with ‘a Thermos of tea and three types of sandwich, two with chunky brown pickle’.
- These include her passport, money belt and traveler's checks; pens, notebooks and maps; a Thermos, mug and knife.
- No thank you, I have some tea here in my old Thermos.
- She turned back to the sink, and began rinsing out a Thermos flask.
- One gave me a hug and a cup of tea from a Thermos flask.
- Their plastic cups came from visitors from a mosque in Swindon who arrived one afternoon with Thermoses of sweet tea and samosas still warm from the oven.
- Armed with my Thermos of tea and Tupperware box of sandwiches, I headed for the beaches of Bournemouth to find out.
- I am not like those who go out with their sandwiches and Thermos flask, walking 18 holes with their favourite player.
- Store chiefs said the spending boom was more like a holiday weekend as customers cleared the shelves of salt, soup, ski jackets, sledges and Thermos flasks.
- Now when I go there, I take along a Thermos of coffee and a small sandwich.
- Born in west London in 1923, Howard remembers long walks in Kensington Gardens with nannies who gathered with Marie biscuits and Thermos flasks of Bovril.
- Several times a day she would clatter downstairs to the kitchen with a Thermos that she would fill with her favourite hooch - a mixture of hot tea and sherry.
- But don't forget a Thermos of hot tea - just in case it pours.
- On the stage is a lectern, a leather armchair, a potted palm and a table with a Thermos flask: enter the speaker in a beige cardigan.
- I remember eating dinners from a Thermos flask in the back of my mum's car on the way to something.
- Once down, I picked up a large Thermos of boiled water, which was waiting for the morning tea, removing the lid.
- Should any part of you or your kit freeze up, Thermos flasks of boiling water are always close to hand to warm your gloves or unfreeze your camera.
- I carry a Thermos of strong tea with me every day, carefully doling out my cups to avoid getting a pounding headache.