In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diccionario ideológico masculinediccionario de ideas afines masculinetesauro masculine
- According to my thesaurus here, crisp is synonymous with cold.
- Finally, I'd like to know if you've replaced editors with the spell checker and thesaurus of your word processor.
- Use your word processor's thesaurus to find synonyms for ‘said’ and use them to convey a speaker's frame of mind or actions to the reader.
- You just need to type in any keywords related to your area of interest and then use the built in thesaurus to find related keywords and synonyms.
- Unlike a conventional thesaurus, this book concentrates on word groups, and not on individual words.
- My thesaurus gives the following synonyms: self-satisfaction, conceit, egotism, self-importance, haughtiness, vanity, hubris, arrogance.
- Parents can choose to filter out the rude words they scoured thesauruses to find when they were children, and there is an audio option, so you can hear how to articulate your new-found vocabulary.
- These include thesauri, subject headings lists, classification systems and other categorization schemes used to index or organize different databases.
- My thesaurus lists all these unattractive equivalents: indolent, somnolent, lumpish, torpid, lax, good-for-nothing… and so on.
- Without commenting, Craig asked one student to look the word up in a dictionary and another student to find the word in a thesaurus.
- The thesaurus provides synonyms, antonyms and related words, and is accessed by just right-clicking on the word to be looked up, and selecting ‘Thesaurus’ from the menu.
- Give yourself time to brainstorm great website title ideas, asking friends and family for inspiration, and using a thesaurus for some dazzling words.
- There were atlases, dictionaries, reference books, and thesauruses, fantasies, biographies, tragedies, and tales of horror, mysteries, volumes of poetry, encyclopedias, and novels.
- A thesaurus groups words that are similar in meaning.
- He might have meant displayed, or perhaps even reflected, but he didn't mean ‘mirrored’; once again he has picked a word out of his thesaurus that he doesn't know how to use.
- Gone are the days of listing an entire thesaurus of descriptive terms in the site's meta tags to gain a high search-engine rank.
- A dictionary, a thesaurus or synonym finder, a good grammar book and language tapes are good investments for anyone wishing to develop or maintain language skills.
- The destruction here is indescribable and the thesaurus has no words for what we have seen.
- I have ransacked my thesaurus for a word that does justice to the terrible events that made up what history will know for ever as The Battle of Old Trafford, and I have come up with the mot juste.
- And it's a serviceable, pleasant, if unspectacular record, the kind of album that has you searching the thesaurus for more synonyms for ‘good’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.