In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1burro masculine informalburra feminine informal
- What do these thickheads think they're going to achieve by throwing eggs and breaking windows?
- He's not a Christian either, you thickhead.
- Except that he was being a complete thickhead.
- I'm not going to waste more time trying to talk sense into some narrow-minded thickhead, like you.
- I need you to go in covertly and collect as much information as possible so that I can present it to those thickheads and get approval.
- It was the only thing that got through to the thickheads he lived with.
- Damn, she's even more of a thickhead than I had imagined.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.