In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculine grosormasculine espesormasculine grosorit comes in two thicknesses — viene en dos grosores
- These dressings are semipermeable, vary in size and thickness, and have an adhesive that holds the dressing on the skin.
- The eggshell thickness varies among different species of dinosaurs.
- The selection depends on the design and thickness of the wall.
- The epidermis is the thinnest component of the skin, varying in thickness from 0.04 mm on the eyelids to 1.6 mm on the palms of the hand.
- The thickness of the stones varies according to personal taste but they are usually between 9mm and 10 mm.
- First things first, the holster should fit and be worn with a belt of proper width and thickness.
- A conventional barcode comprises light and dark elements - the bars - whose thickness varies.
- As the lens ages, it increases in weight and thickness, and its proteins undergo a chemical change.
- Such opportunities are highly-valued by the scientific community, as the thickness and quality of the polar ice can be measured with a great deal of accuracy from underwater.
- The scanner takes more than 90 measurements of the hand in terms of length, width, thickness and surface area in the span of one second.
- Beneath the oceans, the crust varies little in thickness, generally extending only to about 5 km.
- The author says that no pipeline, regardless of wall thickness, is impervious to failure.
- In fact, from the Republic onwards the Romans found it necessary to make regulations to control the thickness of walls, the quality of building materials, and the roofs and height of buildings.
- The earth's crust varies greatly in thickness, the least beneath the oceans, the most under the continental land masses.
- The quiet was intense because of the thickness of the fog.
- Ice doesn't freeze evenly, so a sheet of ice can vary in thickness from solid and safe, to dangerously thin in just a few steps.
- There is no maximum thickness for the deeper layer.
- Time will vary depending on thickness, but you're aiming here for rare-to-medium-rare.
- Even the tunic which he was wearing had, despite the thickness of the smoke, remained unsullied.
- The timing will vary according to thickness, so check that the meat is cooked before removing the chops.
- Measuring instructions: Measure the length, width, and thickness of your chair seat.
- Depending on your hair length, texture and thickness you could make more braids, fewer braids or even different types of braids.
- As we all know, a certain minimum wall thickness must be maintained for safety reasons.
- Finally after about half a mile the thickness of the trees parted to reveal a small meadow.
- Minimum thicknesses of noncombustible insulating materials are indicated as required for the fire-resistance ratings shown.
- To determine the exact width and thickness of the pieces you'll need, measure the exposed ends of the floorboards.
- The salon was very impressed with the quality of the hair and the thickness, as it is hard to get enough human hair to make a full length wig.
1.2(layer)capa femininewrapped in several thicknesses of newspaper — envuelto en varias capas de periódico
- How many thicknesses of paper did the oil penetrate?
- Lay down two or more thicknesses of heavy cardboard or 10 to 20 thicknesses of newspaper.
- The interlining is formed of a number of thicknesses of suitable material.
- The board should be made of three or more thicknesses of cardboard.
2.1(of sauce)lo espeso
2.2lo abundantelo pobladolo tupidolo denso
3(of accent)lo marcado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.