In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muslo masculinechicken/turkey thighs — tutos de pollo/pavo Chile
- You can also use these scissors to trim the straggling hairs at the tops of your thighs.
- Three days later he complained of a sharp pain in the left thigh and a purpuric rash localised to the left leg and foot.
- One of my first patients was a man with swollen gums and tender thighs, the latter showing a diffuse dusky discoloration.
- Turns out the kid has a contact dermatitis from where his thighs are rubbing together.
- One young bird, handled after wandering, readily disgorged a leg and thigh of a former brother or sister.
- This device is called the insulin jet system and can be used on the stomach, buttocks and thighs.
- Most immunisations are given by injection, usually into the muscle or fat of the outer thigh or upper arm.
- The hamstring muscles at the back of the thigh are often very tight, forcing the knees to move in ways they were not designed to do.
- A magnetic resonance scan of his thigh showed a lesion within the sciatic nerve.
- I was sitting next to Marie, and I couldn't help noticing that my thighs are least twice the size of hers.
- Extend your legs, then bend your knees and pull your upper thighs in toward your chest.
- Later she also told her mother, who saw the teenager had bruising to her arms, chest and thighs.
- The pain or ache is commonly situated in the front of the thighs, in the calves, and behind the knees.
- Electrodes are placed on the stomach, bottom and thighs and two electrical currents are switched on.
- A cuff is inflated around the thigh to obstruct venous outflow but not arterial inflow.
- It's exercise, sure, but it is as demanding on the eyes and the brain as it is on the back, thighs and calves.
- Concentrate on squeezing your pelvic floor muscles only, not your stomach and thighs.
- Ultrasound can also used to assess arteries of the neck and thighs.
- I get dressed and, ignoring the pain in my calves and thighs, I cycle into town.
- Three weeks earlier she had injured her left thigh at an airport just before boarding a transatlantic flight.
- The tennis player, ranked 67th in the world, is recovering from a torn abductor muscle in her thigh.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.