In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gabinete estratégico masculinecomité asesor masculine
- The think tank said consumers were shaking off worries over jobs, while firms were investing again.
- The independent academy is regarded as a think tank for crucial political and social issues for the Chinese government.
- And recently a government think tank came up with the idea that people owning a second property should pay a higher rate of council tax.
- The think tank projected next year's economic growth would hit 4.01 percent.
- But the think tank said new rules could sometimes help business.
- As a member of its board, he convinced the think tank that it had to function as a business rather than a charity.
- A think tank has been set up by the county council to update arrangements for dealing with any crisis in the county.
- As far as my little experience is concerned, I am very happy directing a young think tank that is growing at a fast pace.
- The author is a full-time researcher at a local economic think tank.
- He said he would want to be still involved in policymaking, rather than in business, perhaps with a think tank or an NGO.
- He hopes the independent think tank will be able to act in ways that a government agency cannot.
- Areas set to be examined by the new think tank include taxation and UK membership of the European Union.
- He was not who his father wanted him to be, and his job at a conservative think tank promised to drive the man over the edge.
- John moves on from his distinguished career as a student to working for a government think tank in a university.
- A leading think tank is forecasting that lower growth in the economy will blow a large hole in the government's spending plans.
- So why is a Washington think tank funneling money to universities to encourage liberal journalism?
- Anglican bishops should be stripped of their right to sit in the Lords, says the Fabian Society, a Labour think tank.
- A German economic think tank is predicting the loss of 100,000 jobs, with banks and insurers the hardest hit.
- A think tank's level of influence often depends on which political party is in power.
- Proposals being put forward by a government think tank also include a ban on adopted children marrying their siblings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.