In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ideas femininepensamiento masculinecurrent thinking on disarmament — las ideas actuales / el pensamiento actual sobre el desarme
- government thinking on this issue — la línea del gobierno sobre este problema
- what's your thinking on this? — ¿usted qué opina al respecto?
- to do some hard/serious thinking — reflexionar profundamente/seriamente
- good thinking! — ¡buena idea!
- that was quick thinking on her part — con eso demostró gran rapidez mental
- In debate about law, we are used to the idea that legal thinking is objective and that law applies to everyone.
- The Mars missions show the power of preconceived ideas to cloud our thinking.
- Yet the late 1980s and early 1990s have also seen the return of ideas based on mercantilist thinking.
- Isn't it technology, for example, which makes new ways of thinking, new ideas and paradigms, possible?
- Thank you for taking the time to write the essay, pointing out his short-sighted thinking.
- I think these are over-inflated ideas, and my thinking comes out of working with depressed people.
- Lincoln knew that the words people habituated themselves to use would influence their thinking.
- Make voting more accessible, the thinking goes, and more citizens will vote.
- My thinking has evolved since I wrote the book.
- One of my posts is not the sum totality of my thinking on the subject.
- What works, preferably those that can be accessed online, helped shape your thinking?
- He thought that he could discover truth by deductive thinking in mathematical terms alone.
- The declines in stock prices are the result of foreigners selling Japan short, this thinking goes.
- There are other, more objective factors that will doubtless be shaping his thinking.
- In the process, they'll learn about generating ideas and stimulating creative thinking.
- Such offences, so the thinking goes, are of a lesser order and should not stigmatize violators.
- The strongest evidence of thinking along these lines appears in 1938.
- It is time for some imaginative thinking - new ideas for making public services work better for those who need them most.
- I'm going to loft an idea here and I don't want to prejudice your thinking by blurting out any names.
- Can you tell us something about these experiences and how they shaped your thinking?
- The harder question is how much she influences his thinking and his decisions.
- The observation that stimulated my thinking on this topic was of a humble grammatical phenomenon.
- Clear thinking, good ideas and listening to what customers want are the core elements.
- This thinking reflects a new development in British universities.
- In reality, analytical and intuitive thinking support and complete each other.
- I have no idea what their thinking is at this moment in time other than by reading their own public utterances.
- Why have these discredited ways of thinking become so influential once again?
- They are best developed through regular exposure to assignments that are process oriented and that require critical thinking.
- Most importantly, the lessons of these recent experiences also have greatly contributed to our current strategic thinking.
- Four of the statements were about issues that dominated his thinking at the time and were highly emotional.
- Their thinking, ideas, and aspirations should be a part of the planning exercise for their city.
- Well, this is the director's view of the world, and it obviously reflects his thinking accurately.
- He also gave police an insight into his thinking, ideas that led him to set the bush alight.
- Philip's rhetoric was also existential, and it strongly influenced my thinking.
- It is my sincere hope that our readers will find many new perspectives and ideas to challenge their thinking.
- Leadership, strategic thinking and motivation are considered to be the key qualities of an effective CEO.
- My thinking on this topic has been influenced by stimulating discussions that I have had with social scientists.
- But does this line of thinking mean that we should all live in cities?
- Logical thinking works to your great advantage in most instances.
- Our thinking can reflect the systems and values of the world to the extent that we are controlled by them.
1pensanteinteligentethinking patterns — modelos de pensamiento masculine
- thinking process — proceso mental
- thinking time — (for reflection) tiempo para pensar
- It is a play for a thinking audience prepared to be confronted.
- A production that exudes class from the cast to the slick set changes, Cinderella is this year's thinking kid's pantomime.
- He has become a much larger, deeper thinking man, even though nothing about him has changed but the script.
- I believe that many thinking people will come back to the Democrats.
- No thinking person, with or without faith, can in contemporary life evade this struggle.
- Greta, you strike me and always have, as a very rational, articulate woman, a thinking woman.
- Paradoxically it is the educated and thinking class that remains the greatest defaulter when it comes to voting leaders in or out.
- When my boy grows to become a thinking person, with conscience and sensibility, am I the man I want him to see me as?
- Any thinking person must realise what is happening is wrong.
- This is an insult to educated and rational thinking people of this nation.
- We all know that he isn't his strongest in a debate, but should that matter to thinking people?
- But surely, you might say, she is an intelligent woman, the thinking man's posh totty.
- She is the thinking pop lover's solution to overplayed and overdone artists.
- He is such a natural goalscorer that he is the thinking man's choice.
- Turning children at the threshold of their teens into rational thinking beings is clearly not their credo.
- It is an example that must be so frightening to any thinking Frenchman.
- It insults the intelligence of clear thinking peoples and plays to the hearts and minds of the weak.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.