In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ideaspensamiento masculinecurrent thinking on disarmament — las ideas actuales / el pensamiento actual sobre el desarme
- government thinking on this issue — la línea del gobierno sobre este problema
- what's your thinking on this? — ¿usted qué opina al respecto?
- to my (way of) thinking — en mi opinión
- to do some hard/serious thinking — reflexionar profundamente/seriamente
- good thinking! — (suggestion) ¡buena idea!
- that was quick thinking on her part — con eso demostró gran rapidez mental
- Their thinking, ideas, and aspirations should be a part of the planning exercise for their city.
- Four of the statements were about issues that dominated his thinking at the time and were highly emotional.
- They are best developed through regular exposure to assignments that are process oriented and that require critical thinking.
- But does this line of thinking mean that we should all live in cities?
- Philip's rhetoric was also existential, and it strongly influenced my thinking.
- There are other, more objective factors that will doubtless be shaping his thinking.
- The Mars missions show the power of preconceived ideas to cloud our thinking.
- He also gave police an insight into his thinking, ideas that led him to set the bush alight.
- Leadership, strategic thinking and motivation are considered to be the key qualities of an effective CEO.
- Well, this is the director's view of the world, and it obviously reflects his thinking accurately.
- Logical thinking works to your great advantage in most instances.
- The observation that stimulated my thinking on this topic was of a humble grammatical phenomenon.
- Such offences, so the thinking goes, are of a lesser order and should not stigmatize violators.
- It is time for some imaginative thinking - new ideas for making public services work better for those who need them most.
- Clear thinking, good ideas and listening to what customers want are the core elements.
- One of my posts is not the sum totality of my thinking on the subject.
- I have no idea what their thinking is at this moment in time other than by reading their own public utterances.
- He thought that he could discover truth by deductive thinking in mathematical terms alone.
- The strongest evidence of thinking along these lines appears in 1938.
- Make voting more accessible, the thinking goes, and more citizens will vote.
- In reality, analytical and intuitive thinking support and complete each other.
- I think these are over-inflated ideas, and my thinking comes out of working with depressed people.
- What works, preferably those that can be accessed online, helped shape your thinking?
- My thinking has evolved since I wrote the book.
- Can you tell us something about these experiences and how they shaped your thinking?
- I'm going to loft an idea here and I don't want to prejudice your thinking by blurting out any names.
- Thank you for taking the time to write the essay, pointing out his short-sighted thinking.
- Why have these discredited ways of thinking become so influential once again?
- Our thinking can reflect the systems and values of the world to the extent that we are controlled by them.
- In the process, they'll learn about generating ideas and stimulating creative thinking.
- Yet the late 1980s and early 1990s have also seen the return of ideas based on mercantilist thinking.
- Lincoln knew that the words people habituated themselves to use would influence their thinking.
- Most importantly, the lessons of these recent experiences also have greatly contributed to our current strategic thinking.
- The harder question is how much she influences his thinking and his decisions.
- It is my sincere hope that our readers will find many new perspectives and ideas to challenge their thinking.
- This thinking reflects a new development in British universities.
- In debate about law, we are used to the idea that legal thinking is objective and that law applies to everyone.
- My thinking on this topic has been influenced by stimulating discussions that I have had with social scientists.
- The declines in stock prices are the result of foreigners selling Japan short, this thinking goes.
- Isn't it technology, for example, which makes new ways of thinking, new ideas and paradigms, possible?
1pensanteinteligentethinking patterns — modelos de pensamiento
- thinking process — proceso mental
- thinking time — (for reaction) tiempo para reaccionar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.