In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1disolvente masculinediluyente masculinetíner masculine Latin America
- Investigators said he was smoking marijuana and inhaling paint thinners when a burning candle ignited the fumes.
- He then attacks it through mechanical means, using paint thinners or sandpaper to get at the layers of color inherent in the chromogenic paper's emulsion.
- His emphysema prevents him from using conventional oil paints, which require turpentine and thinners, so he uses a modern, water-based alternative.
- Household batteries, paints, varnishes, thinners, adhesives, solvents and waste oils are all classified as hazardous by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- There was non disclosure of the fact that camping gas cylinders, paint thinners and similar items were stored on the vessel.
- At the time of the blaze, in April this year, the site held around 400,000 litres of chemicals, primarily those used in such substances as paint thinners.
- The four workers were working near paint thinners when the explosion occurred with each worker receiving serious facial burns.
- He said the children had found some matches in a skip on the site and this led to the explosion of the paint thinner.
- He agreed with the prosecution case that the apartment had been doused in petrol and paint thinner.
- In his statement, which was read out to the court, Mr Hay said he kept items including paints and thinners in a wheelie bin in his back yard.
- You need at least top quality brushes to get it on, and rubber gloves, good ventilation and special thinners to get it off your expensive brushes.
- Pesticide products in pressurized cylinders, oil, antifreeze, tires, paints, varnishes, thinners, cleaners and solvents will not be accepted.
- A building firm must pay £9,000 over an incident in which children playing with a can of paint thinners were burned when the can exploded.
- In the home, pregnant women should avoid prolonged exposure to pesticides and to solvents such as paint thinners and strippers.
- They expressed grave concern that the abuse of drugs - like stimulants and paint thinners - not only harm individuals but destroy entire families.
- So, I took a palette knife to it, scraped all the paint off, and then wetted a tissue with thinner and wiped the canvas as clean is it'd get.
- The counterfeit vodka was contaminated with methanol, an industrial wood alcohol more commonly used in anti-freeze and paint thinners, which could present a major health risk to anyone drinking it.
- Primary school and high school aged children were caught sniffing solvents such as spray paint, thinners and lighter fluid in plastic bags and bottles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.