In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I figure we probably have twelve or thirteen years left to go.
- Of the thirteen contestants, seven were chosen for a question and answer round.
- Chapter thirteen covers the various options available for mounting your photos.
- The 1790 census reported about half a million people living west of the original thirteen states.
- I fought in the great battles that swept over our land thirteen years ago, and lived to tell the tale.
- I kneaded for eight minutes and my wife took over for the last thirteen.
- It's something like twelve or thirteen years since I last had a stream of colds like this and I've been relatively free of them since.
- I walked into the room and was greeted by about twelve or thirteen little sophomores.
- Seven of the thirteen case studies are included in the abridged version.
- Twelve of the thirteen disciplined workers were important union officials or representatives.
- For eight months I've been following a sensible diet that's resulted in my losing thirteen pounds.
- Normally it takes twelve to thirteen months for him to instill a solid reining education on a horse, from start to finish.
- Eleven high officials in thirteen universities were ejected from office.
- The hills are rolling out in front of her and there are thirteen miles to cover before she will tell her story again.
- They shared the joy and burden of editing for the next thirteen years, the longest period of any coeditorship in the journal's existence.
- The walk was thirteen miles long and nearly one hundred people participated and completed.
- Of the authors of the thirteen articles, seven were academics and six non-academics.
- Previously they have been ranked as the most intense set of examinations in the world, with a maximum of thirteen exams in seven days.
- Six more jobs were to come, spread over the next thirteen years, but they were of a different character.
- He had spent the last thirteen years of his life in Ireland, mostly in County Galway, and at least some of the time in Carna.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.