In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The left bronchial arteries, usually two, arise from the ventral surface of the thoracic aorta.
- The sympathetic nerve supply to the lung arises in the upper six thoracic segments of the spinal cord.
- Abdominal and proximal thoracic aortic aneurysms developed a few years later.
- Effective speech depends also on the motor neurons in the cervical and thoracic parts of the spinal cord that serve the muscles of breathing.
- The rib cage presses down on the pelvis, reducing thoracic and abdominal space.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.