In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The lungs are contained within the paired pleural cavities in the thorax.
- Lesions usually begin on the upper thorax and neck but may spread to the entire body.
- Originating at the level of the sixth cervical vertebra, posterior to the cricoid cartilage, the esophagus passes through the thorax slightly to the right and behind the aortic arch and the left main stem bronchus.
- The scalene muscles as a whole are considered as the intercostal muscles of the thorax, located in the neck.
- A metastatic work-up, including a bone scan and a computed tomographic scan of the thorax and abdomen, was negative.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.