In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1controladores del pensamiento masculine
- No, they are leading us towards becoming a third-world nation of thought police and mind control.
- It's a provocative read - and, as the author notes, the kind of argument that can really get you in trouble with the conservative thought police.
- The thought police will probably be knocking on my door very soon.
- Inclusiveness for us is about setting more people free - from the thought police of political correctness and from the stranglehold of paternalistic bureaucracy.
- To some it's the home of an oppressive thought police bent on turning workers into politically correct dullards.
- If you're based in Europe and say the wrong thing on the internet in the future, you could receive a visit from the thought police.
- In Wales, as well as Scotland, democratic socialism survives and, thanks to devolution, there is nothing that the thought police in 10 Downing Street can do about it.
- The sparkling music and inspiring words - anathema to the thought police of political correctness - can still stir any sympathetic listener.
- The long reign of censorship is over: the pro-choice thought police can't continue to tell women abortion is only about cells or tissue or menstruation management.
- He shows that modern liberals act as virtual thought police to suppress ideas of which they disapprove.
- The result is tyranny, thought police, and stagnation, no intellectual and moral progress.
- We can meet face to face, in public, and have an loud, strong argument about our president and no one is going to call the thought police when one of us says that our president is the anti-Christ.
- The feminist thought police do not take kindly to persons who challenge widely-held beliefs.
- Would you agree that there is a sort of mirror effect here, that liberalism does have its own history of intellectual coercion, and that the thought police are as likely to come from the left as from the right side of the political spectrum?
- It is happy to be the thought police when it comes to our private lives, but it now wants to pass a law that discriminates against those whom we might not like and whom we might find offensive.
- We now face a Darwinian thought police that, save for employing physical violence, is as insidious as any secret police at ensuring conformity and rooting out dissent.
- When I became a victim of the thought police I was genuinely surprised, and now I am afraid that my case has had a chilling effect on less established academics.
- After pressure from the corporate thought police including a cease and desist letter and thousands of angry emails threatening such things as exile and eternal damnation, we decided to remove the site from the web.
- No, he is a hero to many but the thought police decide we must call him an extremist.
- Does this bill mean, for example, that the board can still communicate directly with its employees without the Minister's thought police intervening?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.