In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The majority of the property was built specifically for its current use and features include a nurse call system, emergency lighting and a three-phase electricity system.
- Differences in voltage or phasing in three-phase power feeding large motors can cause vibration, noise, overheating and other problems that may burn out compressors, pumps and other equipment dependent on such motors.
- High-performance linear ac power sources have output ranges from 500 VA to 12 kVA in single-phase, split-phase, or three-phase mode.
- The roof moves thanks to 5-hp, 460-v, three-phase electric motors, two per transporter.
- It generates 400 volts of three-phase electricity.
- A 380V three-phase power supply was already in place following the expedition in 1997.
- Once they were repositioned, City Power had to be called in to install a three-phase power system in the pump house.
- A 55-kW three-phase synchronous motor is able to power the vehicle to up to 140 km/hour.
- The three-phase alternating current motor puts out a peak 35kW to conventional steel half-shafts hooking up with each wheel.
- The electrical system has been upgraded with power provided by a 25kVA three-phase generator.
- In some cases, higher power electronic equipment will actually require three-phase input.
- But next fall, it will be a carbon fiber-sheathed vehicle powered by a 400-plus hp three-phase induction motor and 900 volts of nickel metal hydride batteries.
- A geared three-phase motor, the speed of which would be controlled by an inverter linked up to the control panel would drive the belt.
- According to Hodge, another important thing to consider is if you are going to need both single- and three-phase power.
- If it is an AC motor, then it probably is a three-phase AC motor running at 240 volts AC with a 300 volt battery pack.
- The CPU voltage regulator is a three-phase one.
- Officials say that the consumers in the villages of the district will get 10 hours of assured three-phase supply for running their tubewells and two hours of two-phase supply in the evening.
- The 35-kW, three-phase motor also serves as the flywheel, starter, alternator and traction motor to drive the front wheels.
- However, this won't work with a three-phase electricity system.
- The shop has three-phase AC electric power coming in from an outside electric utility.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.