1(doorway)umbral masculineto be on the threshold of sth — estar en el umbral / a las puertas de algo
- They were standing at the threshold of her room.
- George enters the house, crossing its threshold with one broad step.
- Caitlyn was still with Connor when I entered, the two having just barely crossed the threshold of the room.
- Remove raised doorway thresholds in all rooms.
- As the door opened soundlessly, she crossed the threshold and entered into the room.
- Armand stood at the threshold of her curtained room, wondering whether to go in or not.
- Make sure basement doors have a threshold or sweep that properly fits.
- Remove the shoe moldings, trim pieces, door thresholds, and floor grates carefully, using a pry bar and a scrap of wood for a leverage wedge so as not to mar the baseboard.
- You should choose the appropriate door sweeps and thresholds for the bottom of the doors as well.
- The smell from that place was so strong, it used to make my friend J. violently ill if we even crossed the threshold at the local mall.
- I crossed the threshold and re-entered the house, which was buzzing with undying activity.
- So that's why I am happy to look at scientology girl, but will never dare cross the threshold and enter the building.
- French brides stepped upon an egg before crossing the threshold of their new homes.
- For a lot of people just the simple step of entering a church, crossing the threshold, is enormous.
- These prefabricated door thresholds are for use where two rooms with different floor levels come together.
- Here a convex vinyl ridge across the top of the threshold presses against the bottom of the door for a tight seal against drafts.
- Door weather stripping is installed on the door frame except for door sweeps and some thresholds.
- Emily was in tears before she crossed the threshold into her room.
- For those who have not crossed the threshold of a mill for many years, this will be a chance to experience again the sights, smells and sounds of life in a mill.
- SureStep is a technology that allows the wheelchair to climb over thresholds up to 3 in.
- Josh stood over the threshold the doorway, smiling to be polite.
2(limit)umbral masculinelímite masculinethe threshold of consciousness — el umbral de la conciencia
- pain threshold — umbral de dolor
- I have a low pain threshold — tengo bajo el umbral de dolor
- he has a low boredom threshold — aguanta poco sin aburrirse
- before noun threshold price — precio de umbral