In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Dr. Victor, whose line of degrees is at least thrice as long as his name, is a researcher whose distinctions and career excellence have hardly had an impact on his humility.
- Evening batches will be held thrice a week for four weeks throughout the year between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Thrice she has applied to JDRF; thrice they have rejected her.
- Simultaneously, THAI will increase the frequency of its Copenhagen service from thrice weekly to daily.
- The Tipperary Stonethrowers Rally on August 12, the first stages rally since foot and mouth restrictions, will feature two stages thrice.
- I'm choosing this example because it is one I face daily, often twice daily, thrice on the Sabbath.
- For them, the contents are listed thrice, under three different heads - alphabetically, composer-wise and raga-wise.
- The 42 year-old man's life was spared thrice on January 14, when he survived electrocution, an oncoming train and being hit by a lorry
- Eaton is the only player to thrice go through a season scoring in every one of his club's matches, for Dewsbury in 1999-00 and for Batley in the last two seasons.
- Sydney flights, via Bangkok, will become thrice weekly on March 27, becoming daily on May 1.
- The next post down is the last three words (or one word thrice?) on moonshine enforcement in Fairfax, VA.
- But instead of Big Macs and large fries, thrice daily, I was to concentrate on the healthier offerings.
- I've had the ‘pleasure’ of receiving this in my spambox thrice in the past week.
- That we think it's OK for some people to have their lives turned inside out, sometimes twice or thrice over, so that some other and always much fancier people can live well?
- If the patient is in severe pain or is feverish antimicrobials such as metronidazole 200 mg thrice daily for up to five days may be indicated.
- After her 19th birthday her thrice - divorced manager, afraid that her encroaching adulthood might impede her careerist progress, began to woo her.
- Lawns are watered twice or thrice daily, especially in summer.
- I like Nader as well, but certain moments of the decorated veteran's speech made me think thrice about how I'll be pulling in November.
- Emirates will continue to fly to Auckland thrice daily.
- Rangers have thrice stuck three goals past Dundee this season, though that 3-1 win at Ibrox in January was initially a lot closer than it turned out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.