In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cinemafeminine película de misteriofeminine película de suspensofeminine película de suspense Spain
2Literaturefeminine novela de misteriofeminine novela de suspensofeminine novela de suspense Spain
- A blacklisted American, Losey was making low budget thrillers and crime stories in the UK.
- It is not a thriller or a mystery or an action film or a crime film, nor any kind of ordinary drama or melodrama.
- Many spy thrillers make the espionage business look like a blast, but nothing here comes across as fun.
- As a thriller, the film has an inevitability that cannot be rerouted.
- Spy stories, thrillers and crime novels can often be far more realistic about how politics works.
- This thriller of thrillers is a study of human conflict, jealousy and manipulation, which promises to baffle the most proficient sleuth.
- And like us, it has decided to theme the season on whodunits and psycho thrillers.
- Essentially they used the noir style of 1940s Hollywood thrillers to tell a story set in 1960s swinging London.
- I read village mysteries and hard-boiled American private eye novels, spy thrillers and police procedurals.
- It is a whodunnit and a thriller with thrills and fun for audience and actors alike.
- Caper films and crime thrillers just don't try and keep the audience on a piece of string this long.
- In many ways it would have fitted perfectly into the '90s craze for post-modern crime thrillers.
- Next up for Lewis is a starring role alongside Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in a thriller due to be filmed later this year.
- Clever thrillers that flirt with film noir are always welcome, but this is too smart for its own good.
- In adherence with the film's title Mamet has filled his thriller not with characters but with faces.
- Novels, even spy thrillers, don't have to take up questions like this.
- I like more mystery thrillers and psychological thrillers.
- Into The Blue's story line is not much different from most action thrillers with a plot centred around the drug trade.
- If your taste in genre is the ‘coming of age’ story rather than Westerns, thrillers or campus novels, you will quite possibly love this book.
- Not surprisingly, Cinepix began to wind down its sexploitation films in favour of thrillers and horror as early as 1972.
3(exciting event)the game was a real thriller — el partido estuvo muy emocionante
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.