In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Patients present with local pressure symptoms, thrombosis, or distal embolisation.
- Birth control pills can cause a small increase in the risk of thrombosis and heart attack.
- One complication is a blood clot or thrombosis blocking the flow to the fistula.
- Small or large vessels may be affected, with local thrombosis or thromboembolism from artery to artery or cardiac embolism.
- History of these conditions increases the risk of deep vein thrombosis after varicose vein surgery and may lead to a decision not to operate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.