In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Blood flow to the heart muscle may even stop if a thrombus, or clot, forms in a coronary vessel, which may cause a heart attack.
- The lung showed focal bronchopneumonia, multiple thrombi, and focal hemorrhagic infarcts.
- Mechanical valves are made with a combination of metals and sophisticated materials to ensure durability and a smooth surface to avoid blood clots, thrombi, forming.
- Thrombin forms clots and thrombi by removal of fibrinopeptides A and B from fibrinogen to form fibrin.
- Blood clots, or thrombi, trigger most heart attacks and strokes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.