- ‘I'd like to throttle some Western leaders with physical aggression, which doesn't come easily to me,’ he says.
- The nurse claims that on one occasion a prisoner tried to throttle her, but the incident was recorded only as an ‘obstruction’.
- I watched my fair share of horror or violent films as a kid and I never went out and tried my hand at throttling someone or whatever.
- Feel free to throttle him. go for it. we'll all be rooting for you - he's such a… guy.
- This is the question that, when asked before 3PM, makes me want to throttle him.
- The man may not be the crazed attacker who throttled the young lawyer and tried to force her into the boot of her car last Thursday, but he was in the Leeds car park when the terrifying incident took place.
- It's a rare manager who, at least once in a while, isn't firmly convinced that his department's performance would perk up dramatically if one employee or another were quietly throttled.
- Avoid thinking aloud lest others are tempted to throttle you.
- Novak looked extremely uncomfortable on Meet the Press today, and David Broder looked like he was going to throttle him.
- Not only does it offer an unflattering view of her stomach and corset-bra, but it appears to be throttling her.
- His temper tantrums have acquired him the further sobriquet of ‘Kung-fu Kahn’ after he merrily throttled one opponent and bit a chunk out of another.
- You just feel scared that the barman is going to throttle you.
- All I want to do is yell at the top of my lungs and throttle people.
- Daughter is fuming and wants to throttle someone badly.
- Unfortunately, it's personal: Brown's drill sergeant persona thoroughly throttles his mother hen.
- At windswept Dens, Archie McPherson has a near-death experience when he is almost throttled by his own comb-over, 18-inch strands entwining in the gale to form a deadly ligature.
- Video cameras showed Kirk throttling his victim.
- Number of occasions on which I wanted to throttle Anna = 7
- You just want to throttle these people, if that's what it takes to get it through their heads.
- A white Scots bloke was throttling a black bloke and telling him to calm down whilst his (Scot's) girlfriend was trying to pull him off.
- This is a great read for any Aussie who has ever done the London thing and found themselves wanting to throttle people on the tube.
2(gag, silence)(press) acallar(press) silenciar
1Mechanics regulador masculineMechanics estrangulador masculineMotor Vehicles masculine aceleradorto open the throttle — acelerar
- at full throttle — a toda marcha
- before noun throttle valve — estrangulador
- As he issued the words his hand came down and pushed the throttle lever forward.
- How does it go at full throttle from third gear on?
- The Liberator nodded on its nosewheel as Ken pushed the throttles forward and cranked up the superchargers.
- ‘I turned off my fuel, closed my throttle and made a Mayday call,’ she says.
- The engine's electronic throttle control is designed to increase manifold pressure to maintain engine torque.
- The very instant you tap the throttle, the engine bursts into action and flings you forward like someone has hit the hyperspace button.
- Each throttle and mixture control lever on the flight engineer's control stand was connected by cables to a pulley on the forward face of the firewall.
- If the pilot advances the throttle to obtain full power from the engine, the thrust will exceed the drag and the airplane will begin to accelerate.
- On the right, the engine throttle controlling nearly 7,000 pounds of thrust was no help to the now severely tail-heavy tumbling mass of metal.
- The fun starts in a Viking the instant you push the throttle full forward for takeoff.
- I pushed the throttle forward and was immediately mashed backward against the seat and off down the runway.
- The first thing you'll notice after strapping yourself in is that there's two of everything: two throttles, two propeller controls, two mixtures and two of each gauge.
- Massive fuel spilled into the engines while at full throttle.
- There's only a throttle lever for power control - push forward to go, pull back to stop.
- The free swiveling nose wheel is steered by differential brakes, rudder and throttles and the aircraft is very maneuverable on the ground.
- Those damn turbojets were pretty powerful once you pushed the throttles all the way forward and left them there.
- At takeoff power when the throttle is wide open, the RPM and fuel flow are at a maximum.
- Remember, even at a constant throttle opening and engine rpm, airflow volume (cubic feet per minute) varies with air density.
- The throttle and fuel mixture for the left engine were secured and the pilot activated the left engine feathering button again.
- I pushed the throttle forward and Moonlight lifted off the ground slowly.