1(in soccer, basketball)saque de banda masculine
- The ball was played direct from a goal kick or throw-in.
- It is not just questionable penalty decisions that could be referred upstairs, but also throw-ins, corners, free kicks; the list goes on.
- But Gavin switched off and allowed Martin Butler to slip past him and collect Shaun Barker's long throw-in.
- Dolan said he was baffled by referee Mike Jones' failure to penalise Exeter for delaying tactics at restarts and throw-ins.
- Portugal take the throw-in and immediately resume stroking the ball around purposefully.
- After a sustained period of pressure, Djorkaff nodded the ball down from a throw-in and into the path of the striker on the left-hand side of the area.
- However, poor marking at a needlessly conceded 84 th-minute throw-in allowed the visitors to steal a point and grind out a draw.
- Silvestre helps him mop up by Heskeying the ball out for a throw-in.
- His fourth minute throw-in sent Dave Henry away and the midfielder's right wing cross was swept in from five yards by Nesovic.
- A throw-in started the sequence before Robson volleyed home a Paul Mariner cross.
- No offside offence is committed if the player receives the ball directly from a goal kick, throw-in or corner kick.
- Are they actually including throw-ins as shots now?
- Sergio finds Valeron, who loses the ball but wins a throw-in.
- An intermittent pettiness about where throw-ins and free kicks are taken from that defies logic is to be expected.
- He boots it up the field and Ball concedes a throw-in deep in the Stuttgart half.
- It's swung in from the right and Sol Campbell's unconvincing attempt at a clearance goes out for a Celta Vigo throw-in.
- He told us to appeal for every throw-in, corner and free kick; no matter how dodgy the claim was.
- Your average team will catch a ball if the throw-in is at the opposition's try line and then give it out to the backs, but not the Hawks.
- The predictable jeering began as he collected the ball from a throw-in and cut inside the penalty area.
- Every tackle, every throw-in, every debatable decision is furiously contestable so that the hero can redeem United's followers.
2(in baseball)lanzamiento masculine