In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alfombra pequeña femininetapete pequeño masculine Mexico Colombia
- I was sitting on the floor cutting away and soon I began composing, literally, on a white throw rug as if it were my big page or my canvas.
- The hard wood floors were covered with a throw rug.
- Let me ask you, Allen - I mean, would you put a throw rug in with the fine washables?
- Gone will be the prospect of hours profitably spent conjuring fantastic island adventures equipped only with a tiny rubber Gumby doll and a throw rug.
- The beige carpet had been dressed up with a throw rug of deep crimson.
- Why not bring a throw rug into work to complement the mess on your desk?
- If you have a table and a covered porch, don't be afraid to bring out candles, throw pillows, and even a throw rug to create your porch ‘room’!
- I looked down at the cement floor covered by a throw rug.
- A throw rug can add personality to a room and reduce the chill-factor of a bare floor.
- It is sparsely furnished - a desk, a bed, a thin throw rug on the floor, a mirror.
- Sure enough, she located the loose board under a throw rug without a problem.
- The movie begins with a night shot of Reznick in his apartment rolling a body into a throw rug.
- I bought a jute throw rug for my balcony, and some other random stuff… gift-wrap, candles, some bamboo shoots to put in a vase…
- A bold-striped throw rug was tossed down between the bed and seating area for a jolt of life to some very tired carpet.
- Jess has done her best to make it more homely by hanging pictures and posters on the walls and putting a throw rug on the sofa bed.
- Instead of synthetic carpeting, Spector suggests a natural-fiber throw rug made of wool, cotton, jute or sea grass.
- And what a shame to hide a beautiful floor under a throw rug!
- The box doesn't prevent them from tracking the litter (a problem I had with the hooded boxes too) so I place a throw rug under the box.
- His fingertips massage his temples, and he seems remarkably interested in the pattern of the throw rug in front of the square glass coffee table.
- I grabbed my book and plopped onto the throw rug to read.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.