In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(bird)tordo masculinezorzal masculine
- The juice extracted from the fresh flowers is a natural antiseptic that can be used externally to treat bacterial infections and vaginal thrush.
- The women who took oral lactobacillus or the women who were taking the vaginal lactobacillus, the rate of thrush was no different from the women who were taking just the placebo.
- In newborns, it usually shows up as diaper rash, but new babies can also develop oropharyngeal candidiasis, or thrush, in the mouth and throat.
- Charles was diagnosed with chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis, an incurable condition which means he cannot fight off the infection which causes thrush.
- It is not usually serious, but babies with thrush in their throats may stop eating, leading to them having an inadequate diet.
- Most women will suffer from the yeast infection thrush at some point, says the fpa, but men can get it too.
- Some men develop balanitis due to an allergy to thrush in their partner's vagina, so it may be that you both need treatment.
- In oral thrush, the Candida fungus invades parts of the mouth and throat, causing cracks in the corners of the mouth and whitish or yellowish patches on the lips, tongue, palate, and inside the cheeks.
- Candida can cause thrush - an infection of the mouth and throat - in infants, in people taking antibiotics and in people with impaired immune systems.
- Tea tree is useful on a wide range of infections from colds and flu to thrush and chicken pox due to its ability to tackle bacteria, fungus, viruses and parasites whilst increasing the body's natural immunity.
- Vaginal thrush can be passed on by having sexual intercourse with a partner who has a candida infection.
- Drugs used to treat vaginal thrush are available without a doctor's prescription.
- Does anyone still believe, for instance, that thrush of the throat can be cured by a fasting person breathing into the patient's mouth?
- In men, lichen planus can affect the penis, with purple-coloured or white ring-shaped patches, which may be confused with thrush but are often not itchy.
- Everybody has some thrush in their mouths, even babies.
- You're looking for any white patches (perhaps caused by thrush, a yeast infection) or other discolorations.
- These are recommended for some people with gum disease and for people with other mouth infections such as thrush.
- For recurrent vaginal thrush, the doctor may prescribe a drug to be taken orally, such as fluconazole.
- Yeast infections such as thrush affect circumcised and uncircumcised men equally.
- The drug combats opportunistic fungal infections such as thrush, which are common in people living with HIV.
- Men with a foreskin are more likely to get thrush because the warmth and moisture underneath encourages the fungus to grow.
- Other causes of bladder infections include parasites such as schistosomiasis (found in some hot countries), and fungi such as candida, which causes thrush.
- Clotrimazole cream and pessaries are often used to treat vaginal thrush, caused by the fungus candida.
- If you are run down and your immune system is weak, the bacteria that cause thrush may also multiply.
- Urine tract infection and thrush are highest in uncut men.
- Cystitis or vaginal irritations such as thrush, vaginitis, and genital warts are also likely to cause soreness.
- The most common type is a yeast infection called candida, which is the same germ that causes thrush.
- Try to avoid having sex, or at least use a condom, while you are being treated for thrush, so that the infection doesn't pass back to your partner.
- Sometimes you can see the lesions in the mouth or pharynx as sores or ulcerations (in the viral causes) or as thrush (in candidiasis), but often not.
- There are risks to the mother herself - women who continue to smoke during pregnancy are far more likely to experience vomiting, urinary infections and thrush, and are more likely to have complications in pregnancy.
- Candida infection, oral thrush, or diaper rash was reported in 7 patients.
- Patients who had HIV infection, oral thrush, lymphadenopathy, chronic cough of more than one month duration, fever, or weight loss were more likely to have mycobacteraemia.
- If untreated, oral thrush can cause soreness in the mouth and for denture wearers may lead to poorly fitting dentures in the future.
- Oral candidiasis, or oral thrush, occurs in immunosuppressed patients, especially those with advanced HIV infection.
- Cele's throat and blotched tongue are swollen with thrush, a fungal infection of the mouth.
- Like the other spot-breasted thrushes, the Hermit Thrush eats a combination of insects and berries.
- As many of you already know, cowbirds parasitize other, smaller birds by laying their eggs in other birds' nests, often those of thrushes, sparrows or warblers.
- Fieldfare and redwings feed on the mounds of apples, Blackbirds and thrushes turn over the compost heap.
- Blackbirds and thrushes along with plover and field-fare should be about in numbers.
- However, many small songbirds such as robins, thrushes, flycatchers and warblers migrate mainly during darkness, probably to avoid predators and to keep cool.
- For instance, if you're looking into a large tree and notice several small birds constantly in motion, you should know that these are likely warblers and not sparrows or finches or thrushes.
- Many small songbirds such as warblers, thrushes, and tanagers migrate at night.
- The thicker scrub and thickets of elder, hawthorn and bramble, meanwhile, provide ideal cover for nesting robins, wrens, sparrows, dunnocks, blackbirds and thrushes.
- Eggs were bought for threepence a dozen by the Temuka Roads Board for sparrows, thrushes and blackbirds.
- Among birds that can be attracted in the summer are brown thrashers, catbirds, robins, thrushes, waxwings, woodpeckers, orioles, cardinals, towhees and grosbeaks.
- The migratory songbirds, the thrushes and warblers and tanagers and orioles that summer in the Pacific Northwest, spend their winters in the forested highlands of southern Mexico and Central America.
- Like other species of thrushes, Varied Thrushes eat a combination of insects and berries, shifting seasonally.
- The ubiquitous starling is one of the most widespread problem species but blackbirds, partridges, robins, sparrows, thrushes, and finches are also common.
- All the common species are here - blackbirds and thrushes and the like - plus goldfinches, swallows, kingfishers and grebes on the pond.
- Sunset is more than a thing of beauty for Swainson's thrushes and gray-cheeked thrushes.
- The thrushes, a family that includes the American robin and the Eastern bluebird, are known for their vocal skill.
- It's not that veeries are especially handsome thrushes, but I thrill to their song that rolls down the scale in an emphatic and ringing manner.
- Of the three Washington thrushes, the Veery has the palest flanks and is the most faintly spotted.
- Redwing are among the least robust of thrushes and vulnerable to mass mortality when overcome by cold spells.
- Robins, hummingbirds, catbirds, thrushes and even a grouse or two, usually not attracted by seed feeders, are drawn to this water in our backyard garden.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.