In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(on hand)uña del pulgar femininebefore noun thumbnail sketch — pequeña reseña feminine
- In the centre we find a brown seed the size of your thumbnail, elongated and glabrous as river stone.
- The point of entry can be marked with an impression from a thumbnail, a needle cap, or an indelible ink pen.
- The thumbnail grows the slowest and the middle finger grows the fastest.
- Chips are getting smaller and smarter - 25 million transistors, 500 times tinier than the thickness of a strand of hair, sitting on a piece of silicon the width of a thumbnail.
- The clump of algae was actually a wondrous crab, no bigger than a thumbnail, whose body shape had evolved to mimic the green wafers of algae.
- I hadn't cut the holes, they had just kind of ripped themselves because my long thumbnails would dig into the when I was bored.
- She started to bite at one of her thumbnails; a nervous habit.
- The body might be the length approximately, or slightly more than the length of an adult thumbnail, the legs obviously make the spider a little bit bigger than that.
- The priest - a wiry man with bulging, tattoo-covered biceps - dabbed cocoa butter onto Alonso's thumbnails, the crown of his head, his inner arm.
- A small piece of shrapnel about the size of your thumbnail hit her in the back of her head.
- I want a camera implanted in my index finger, with the preview pane in my thumbnail.
- Jason closes his notebook, fingering the spirals with his thumbnail.
- He scratched at the side of his thumbnail, which, like the rest of his fingers, looked chewed or bitten.
- ‘Mm hmm,’ she nodded, chewing on her thumbnail.
- A small chipmunk was first to approach Joshua; he was no longer than Joshua's index finger, and no wider than his thumbnail.
- He picked absently at his jagged canine with a long thumbnail, watching his guard with feigned interest.
- She sat there in the passenger seat biting her bottom lip and picking at her thumbnails.
- Carefully dislodge the pests with your thumbnail or a knife, or wash mealybugs from foliage using tepid water about once a week.
- Normally male crickets call females by rubbing specialized protruding wing parts together, creating an effect similar to running a thumbnail down the teeth of a comb.
- Full grown, the animal might be as big as your thumbnail, but it's probably got a set of tentacles that are three quarters of a metre long.
- Yet the same problem always arises - how to categorise or classify visual images automatically without using external metadata or image thumbnails?
- When Google experimented with thumbnail pictures of actual Web pages next to results, it saw the effect that graphical images had on download times.
- Note that you have to click on the thumbnails to see what he has done, as the thumbnails do not reflect the work at all.
- One handy feature is the quick picture indices, where a set of images is placed as thumbnails on a single page for printing.
- The editor scans in video clips as thumbnails and displays the thumbnails in the clip window of the display.
- PalmOne has added a new thumbnail view of a page, allowing you to quickly zero in on the part of the page you want to read.
- The testing format, called CytoView, displays thumbnails of 10 virtual slides for selection and loading in a display window.
- A successful search displays a page of thumbnail images, which represent a product line.
- I could then click on each thumbnail to see the pictures individually or start a slideshow to use the SL-C700 as a digital picture viewer.
- However, it is not entirely clear at step 4 that a check mark is most appropriately placed next to the terms text and thumbnails.
- In addition, the software can also print ‘contact sheets’ with thumbnails for all of the images associated with a given case.
- You can begin at the beginning or click on one of the thumbnails below.
- This gives you instant thumbnails, web pages for each thumbnail, and you can look through the slides one by one.
- Google gives you a thumbnail image of some Web pages, but it is too small to be of much use.
- You can browse and view images individually or in thumbnail mode.
- This feature allows choosing a thumbnail screenshot of the page itself, if you don't like any of the images shown.
- These cheesy ‘recommendations’ sections with the thumbnail pictures of DVD cases are just plain annoying.
- Most notably, Mirra will also soon provide thumbnail images next to picture files stored on its server.
- A US court ruled in 2002 that websites may display thumbnail size images without breaking the law.
- To provide fast retrieval of saved images via an index display, the format also adopts thumbnail cache file system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.