In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jueves masculinesee also Monday
- By Thursday the pavements were like sheets of ice, but who cares about people falling over?
- Harry will be required to put in a full day's work at Sandhurst on Thursday and Friday.
- Each Thursday I scour the job section of the Westing Chronicle searching for a way out.
- The offer is available until mid-December and is limited from Sundays to Thursdays inclusive.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays have been set apart for counselling in person.
- On Thursday morning I was sitting by the river in Matlock enjoying the sun and a nice cup of tea.
- On Thursday of last week the Financial Times claimed the company had backed down.
- The strikes were due to take place on Thursday and Friday of this week and Monday and Tuesday of next.
- He is allotting Tuesdays and Thursdays full time to the RA.
- Mr Baker will be at the gallery on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- So Thursday morning saw me share the front page of the Times with Gordon Brown's Budget.
- On Thursday, it was revealed that three prize assets had signed extended contracts.
- By last Thursday I could hardly walk and ended up going back to older pairs to let my feet settle back down.
- It was really bizarre knowing it was a Thursday and not having to do the show this evening.
- I finally booked the moving of the rest of my stuff into the flat for Thursday the 22nd.
- The YMCA gym classes run on Wednesdays and Thursdays for all levels.
- On Thursday, he will watch the second leg at Anfield - and cast his mind back six years.
- All through Thursday we heard from the bereaved how they took those last calls.
- At the end of each period is a test week, so starting next Thursday I have a test per day.
- On Thursday night, in the Christian northern part of Beirut we heard some loud noises.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.