In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- About 10% of patients have a benign tumor of the thymus gland, a lymph gland that usually disappears at puberty.
- The liver, spleen, lungs, kidneys, thymus, adrenals, and stomach were examined histopathologically and were all found to be normal.
- The lymphatic system consists of lymph nodes and vessels, the thymus, spleen and bone marrow.
- Primary lymphoid organs in the thymus and bone marrow constitute the major site of lymphocyte development.
- Leukocytes are produced or stored in many locations throughout the body, including the thymus, spleen, and bone marrow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.