In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1know thyself — conócete a ti mismo
- The first step, as always, comes from knowing thyself.
- We must respond - we must respond to that ancient command: ‘Physician, heal thyself.’
- Does your content obey the first commandment of good copy: ‘Thou shalt put thy customer before thyself.’
- But if you don't take the time to pamper thyself, you'll become less able to crank.
- Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.