- Since Pope Paul VI set aside his tiara after the second Vatican Council the Papal Tiara has not been used.
- The pope in his distinguishing robe and tiara carries a monstrance containing the holy Eucharist, as clerics process before him and the laity behind.
- God the Father, he notices, is wearing a papal tiara, ‘a comparison of the pope to God.’
- A crown almost as ornate as a papal tiara was centered on the sampler.
- Finally, at a time designated by the Pope, the eldest cardinal deacon crowns the new Pope with the triple tiara of the papacy.
- Chigi was money-lender to Pope Julius II, who once pawned his papal tiara to him.
- The testa di cavallo shield, superimposed on the crossed keys, is crowned by the papal tiara.
- The Domenican prelate had reluctantly accepted the papal tiara in 1724, leaving with great regret his bishopric in Benevento.
- When the conclave at the third scrutiny elected Gioacchino Pecci to the tiara as Leo XIII, the schism between the papacy and the Italian government widened.
- Peruse any illustrated Inferno, and you will find, among the pictured thieves, usurers, murderers, and traitors, numerous tonsured pates, episcopal miters, and papal tiaras.
2(papal crown)tiara feminine