In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Lottery spokesman Dennis Kennedy said they were ‘very comfortable’ that Mrs Jemison was the legitimate ticket holder.
- Season ticket holder Mike, who shares a name similar to a 1976 Saints legend, said: ‘I did this for a bit of a laugh.’
- In 1995, fans paid to reserve seats in the planned stadium and then sued, claiming that the team failed to keep its promise to assign seats based on a ticket holder's seating history.
- If the winning ticket holder does not come forward today, the €1.6m jackpot will return to the Players' prize fund.
- The ticket holder chose the winning numbers 10, 14, 31, 35, 40, 45 and a bonus ball of 26 for the draw on Saturday, February 17.
persona en posesión de una entrada, boleto, billete etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.