In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alfiler de corbata masculinefistol masculine Mexico
- It's really aggravating, but I don't want to wear a tiepin and look like a total geek either.
- Each was then presented with an information pack about Swindon, a small tiepin bearing Swindon's coat of arms and their certificate of citizenship.
- Galantas produces the jewellery itself in a range of Irish and Celtic themes, including Celtic crosses and tiepins.
- The piece can be preserved as a memento - in the form of a bookmark, used as a tiepin or better still, just remove the thread and you can wear it as a neckpiece.
- The only clue to the man's identity is a tiepin that he left behind in his hasty retreat.
- Surely a policeman can't be the murderer, though Jack did find a policeman's tiepin in the hotel room.
- However, more modish philosophical gentlemen of the period looked quite different, usually sporting a fashionably ‘lank’ hairstyle, a shortened form of frock coat, and a stock fastened with a tiepin.
- Bracelets, belt buckles, and tiepins with gold and diamonds, are worn by some bridegrooms.
- Two weeks ago the Chief Inspector of Prisons told prison officers to remove charity tiepins bearing the cross of St George (the flag of England) as these might be considered racist.
- Men were given the choice of a tiepin or lapel badge.
- When you speak, your voice is captured by your necklace - or your tiepin - that functions as the cell phone's mouthpiece.
- She kept the original, which was set into a tiepin for my father-in-law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.