In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mariposa tigre feminine
- For example tiger moths make a loud noise, perfectly within the bats' range of hearing and timed to be in between the bats' echolocation calls so that they are as unmistakeable as possible.
- Others, like the tiger moth, hear the bat and emit a jamming signal in the ultrasonic frequency spectrum.
- Consider the Isabella tiger moth, seen from coast to coast.
- A tiger moth swooped down and brushed Anna with its dusty wings before gliding off into the distance.
- Searching the Siberian hinterlands for a tiger moth that is surely extinct by now is his idea of fun.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.