In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reloj registrador masculinereloj checador masculine Mexico
- The boss installs a computer-controlled time clock.
- But at the same time, very few players seem to understand that they win money just like a worker punching a time clock.
- We can set up an automated system taking in everything from the time clock to stock control, job tracking, costing, etc.
- Arashi stormed back to the time clock and clocked out.
- And he believes when he punches the time clock and goes home, the public should mind its own business.
- The absolute worst work condition we ever heard about was a 1960's factory where the owner made all workers punch out on the time clock to use the bathroom.
- He denied the charges, pointing out that he had spoken to his supervisor and punched the time clock.
- Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage.
- I had to clock in and out every day and most mornings it was a photo finish at the time clock - I'd make it just before the minute hand would bounce past the hour.
- Ashley was in the break room where the time clock was located.
- Factory discipline, which had begun with the time clock, intensified with the introduction of assembly-line work.
- She nodded, ‘I was just heading to the time clock right now.’
- In the NHL, players don't measure their worth by punching a time clock when their work day is over.
- By the late 1990s, the vast majority of contractors used time clocks.
- I messed with the time clock and put it ahead a half an hour so I could punch it.
- Constant surveillance, time clocks, drug testing and rigid rules reinforce the workers' pervasive sense that employers do not trust them.
- And when he saw that workers were arriving late and leaving early, he installed time clocks - both on the factory floor and in the business office.
- Walking home the three city blocks he covers them more quickly today as he hurries to be sure that he hits the time clock before the large hand jumps to three at the warehouse.
- We entered through a security station where, oddly enough, there was a time clock for the workers to punch.
- They would punch me out on the time clock, and turn off the lights, and then pull the metal door down on the shop front and I'd lock it once I got there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.