In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plazo masculinewhen does the time limit expire? — ¿cuándo expira el plazo?
- to impose a time limit on sth — fijar un plazo / una fecha tope para algo
- Yes, that seems to be the rule and that provides for a time limit of two months.
- There is a time limit of 42 days to lodge complaints and that time must be very nearly up!
- Trusts might be able to keep their credits only if they pay out income within a certain time limit.
- If the invoice needs to be adjusted downward, he must issue a credit note within the time limit.
- It was a quiet day and it was easily sorted within the set time limit of five hours without water.
- We are willing to agree to a time limit whereby we find a new stadium within two further seasons.
- The time frame has to be mentioned because there is such a short time limit within which an application can be made.
- The project has a time limit, with an initial commitment for this year.
- The riders have to clear 12 obstacles on the course within a specific time limit.
- For example, the estimated time limit could be set at five days and the cost per night at £200.
- The relevant appeal notice will need to be completed in English, within the relevant time limit.
- The Commission must also fix a time limit for the complainant to submit any further comments in writing.
- He admits the summary prosecution was not initiated within the legal time limit.
- However, it did not give Israel a specified time limit within which to respond.
- The time limit could be broadened so as to encompass the months of July and August.
- Yet the Commission insisted on the right to extend the time limit to 12 years.
- This material plainly has to reach the expert and the clause provides that it should do so within a specific time limit.
- The current time limit is generally six years but does not start for children until they turn 18.
- In the latter you have to drive a cab around town and make a certain amount of money within the time limit.
- At the time, he publicly gave the time limit of three months for his plan to succeed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.