In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1máquina del tiempo feminine
- The plan is, if they sell enough, to build a time machine and to go back and try and change the result of the 2004 US election.
- Add this to the list of places I want to visit when they invent the time machine.
- Turns out they built a time machine, and swiped armaments from the future.
- It is almost as if he has found a time machine and is talking to the actual characters involved which in some way makes the whole thing a bit more interesting.
- In the title play, an empty swimming pool becomes a time machine for Sheppard, an architect who is looking to resurrect his dead wife.
- Hermione mischievously disrupts the time-space continuum with a time machine which allows her to spy on herself from afar.
- I told Peter that I would love to have a time machine, just so I could go and observe the people who built and used Newgrange.
- I feel guilty over all that but what can I do except build a time machine, maybe I just don't deserve to be happy.
- Visitors will be whisked back to 975 AD in a state-of-the-art time machine.
- But instead of setting her time machine to shoot into the future, she would rather go back in time.
- Think of the 1930s, and there is only one city where a time machine would drop these pleasure-seekers.
- Take the time machine to 2004 and you find another equally rare substance - oil.
- Both want everything for themselves, neither are taken seriously but only Stuey is capable of building a time machine.
- So when we built the time machine it was Ethan who came back from the Future.
- The time machine then speeds forward into the very distant future.
- To fully understand this, we need to take a trip in the magic time machine back to 2002 and my final year of secondary school.
- I erred on the side of caution and will be dispatching Iain to the earlier date as soon as a time machine becomes available.
- So the convention will only work if someone has already built a time machine.
- It was a messy affair involving a time machine and a mirror.
- A vivid imagination is the closest we come to a time machine, but it works only by taking us away from the present.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.