In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the first case, a timely coup could be sufficient to avert an invasion.
- I don't agree with everything he says but this is thoughtful stuff and timely.
- He said that he had no concerns regarding the timely drafting of next year's budget.
- There is nothing to reassure people that they will be given timely warning so that they can seek safety.
- The obligation exists to give the principal timely warning of what he must do and when to protect himself.
- She hopes it will serve as a timely warning because Scotland has an ageing population.
- Meanwhile, prayers are going up thick and fast for the film and its timely release.
- Overall, this is a timely and useful review of a topic that has assumed major importance in health care.
- He hails from a middle class family and the sponsorship is very useful and timely.
- We are not trying to make GPs reduce referrals, but to encourage a more timely and appropriate care.
- It seems it was no small task for their worker bees to get these up in a timely fashion.
- Most concerned fees, valuations and the timely passing on of information to buyers and sellers.
- In other words, a plot element should be deployed in a timely fashion and with proper dramatic emphasis.
- As a result, concerned citizens do not receive timely news about political issues that they want.
- This adds unnecessary costs and hampers the ability to serve customers in a timely way.
- I am looking to the Government to provide timely answers to ensure that people can sleep safe in their beds.
- This also serves as a timely reminder to all members that renewal of membership is now due.
- He hopes that it will serve as a timely reminder that going green really is a viable alternative to fossil fuels.
- The arrangement will seek to ensure the timely flow of collections from the dealer.
- It serves as a timely reminder of the bravery and determination of the Royal Navy and merchant seamen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.