1(choice of time)the timing of the election — la fecha escogida para las elecciones
- the timing of the action was disastrous — la acción fue de lo más inoportuna
- that was good timing: we've just arrived — calculaste muy bien el tiempo: acabamos de llegar
- his timing is excellent: he always arrives when we're about to eat — es de lo más oportuno: siempre llega cuando estamos a punto de comer
- So Tharanga, a left-hander with sweet timing, is set to open throughout the tournament.
- While you may be pulling off various crazy tricks, they all require good timing and excellent control.
- It was terribly convenient timing and sparked what has become an ingrained cynicism in my attitude.
- The existence of the distinction in relation to timing of the notice can, however, be maintained.
- On its easiest level, it simply requires basic timing to crank a ball into the outfield or over a fence.
- The timing of his remarks, so close to Gordon Brown's pre-Budget statement tomorrow, is telling.
- The path to South America was open for so long that timing is not really an issue.
- The skill lies in the anticipation of his movements and the timing of your response.
- Having stressed the importance of timing, the need to read the questions carefully must also be highlighted.
- In the closing stages his timing was absolutely perfect when he advanced to deny Nigel Dineen of a certain goal.
- He didn't look up when the door to his suite opened - the maids here had awful timing and no sense to knock.
- You might be surprised at the interest level and you would have control of the timing.
- Above all this he seems to have a sense of timing, of occasion.
- He also has a wonderful sense of timing, and control over both his material and the audience.
- The judge had no option to sentence to death for murder and no control over the timing of the execution unless he ordered a respite.
- Upon closer examination, it seems that both their timing and their aim were off the mark.
- It's a lesson and challenge for young animators, in that he gets the movement and timing so exquisitely right.
- Nevertheless predicting the size and timing of each movement always proves elusive.
- We seek some guidance from the Court in relation to the timing of tomorrow and I want to mention one other matter.
- The timing in the scenes is close to perfection, as is the balance of the supporting characters.
3Sport Musicritmo masculinea comedian with brilliant timing — un cómico con un genial sentido de la oportunidad
4Motor Vehiclescheck/adjust the timing — revise/ajuste la chispa / el encendido
- before noun timing gear — engranaje de distribución
- The cylinder timing was on but a bit slow on a couple of the stops, but it was still on and working.
- He also believes the effect on engines with variable valve timing will be even greater.
- If the ignition timing is retarded, the engine will not burn the fuel efficiently.
5(measurement of time)cronometraje masculinebefore noun timing mechanism / device — mecanismo de relojería masculine